Rules & Safety
2020 COVID-19 Precautions
It is our number one priority to provide the safest experience for all of our guests. While our lifeguards and staff will continue to create a safe environment for you to enjoy, we also want to inform you of several additional actions we are taking to help combat the spread of COVID-19:
- Deck chairs will be limited this year and spaced across the pool deck. We encourage guests to sit with family or people you live with to maintain physical distancing. Our staff will be patrolling the deck to ensure deck chairs are cleaned after each use.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be installed and provided throughout the park. Guests are encouraged to practice good hygiene by washing hands regularly and using sanitizing stations.
- Some amenities may have limited offerings such as the Leisure River. Guests will be asked to form a line at the entrance of the river with a capacity of 100 people. Staff will be stationed to monitor the volume and disinfect tubes after each use.
- Please follow all posted rules and maintain physical distancing in que lines. There will be markers on the ground for maintaining physical distancing while waiting in lines for attractions, daily admission and concessions.
- Guests can expect to see our staff in masks and gloves to ensure the safety of all our guests. While wearing a mask for patrons is not required, we encourage masks while walking around the park. Masks are not permitted in the water at any time.
Splash Island Lifeguards are trained annually by Jeff Ellis and Associates, National Pool and Waterpark Lifeguard Training Program.
Splash Island is staffed by award winning, professionally trained lifeguards. Please follow the direction of the lifeguards at all times. Guardians are responsible for supervising their children; lifeguards are responsible for responding to emergencies. Splash Island and the parking areas are under video surveillance at all times. Please report any observed dangerous or unusual behavior to the park supervisors at once. Please stay within arms reach of your young children at all times.
Guardians are responsible for supervising their children; lifeguards are responsible for responding to emergencies. Follow the direction of the lifeguards at all times.
Appropriate swimwear must be worn in the pool at all times. Swim trunks must have a liner - basketball type shorts are not acceptable.
- Splash Island is a family facility: no inappropriate behavior, language, or apparel.
- Drucs, alcohol, cigarettes, and E-cigarettes are not permitted on any town property. Drugs are against the law anywhere. Individuals who appear to be intoxicated will be reported to the Plainfield Police Department.
- Guests under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult guardian at all times.
- Guests 8 years old and under and those who cannot swim must be within arms reach of an adult guardian at all times.
- Guests riding water slides must be at least 48" tall. Guests using diving well must know how to swim well. A swim test may be required for those who wish to use deep water attractions.
- The park or individual attractions are subject to closure or restricted use due to unforeseen circumstances such as adverse weather, low attendance, maximum facility capacity, maintenance, or programming.
- Other than U.S. Coast Guard approved, properly fitting life jackets, no flotation devices are permitted in the water.
- Do not bring valuables or excessive cash into the park. Be sure to lock your locker.
- Plainfield Parks and Recreation is not responsible for, is not insured for, and will not reimburse guests for property loss or damage while visiting Splash Island.
- All items brought into the park may be searched at any time by park staff or Plainfield Police.
- No loitering is permitted in the parking areas or recreation center grounds.
- Passes out of the park are not permitted. If a guest leaves the facility, admission will be charged to re-enter.